Saturday, December 29, 2012

Crock Pot Ham and Potato Chowder

I needed to use up lots of ham I had leftover from Christmas and this chowder was PERFECT.  I also had about five pounds of potatoes because it was so much cheaper to buy a 10 pound bag.  This is exactly the kind of dinner I needed after spending hours cooking the last couple of days.  I threw everything into the crock and relaxed all day, it was amazing.  My husband and I loved it and I was even able to freeze half of it for another lazy day!

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups vegetable broth
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
  • 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 2 cup ham, cubed
  • 2 large russet potatoes, cubed
  • 3 celery stalks, diced
  • 1/2 sweet onion, diced
  • 1 14 oz bag frozen mixed vegetables
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • dash of Tabasco

Directions:  Add everything except milk and cheddar cheese to crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.  Slowly stir in milk and cheddar cheese and cook for another 15 minutes and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment