Monday, October 1, 2012

Sweet Potato Fluff

 Before
After
So when I started this recipe I was intending to make twice baked sweet potatoes and I failed.  The skins totally fell apart so I just added the filling into my corningware and went with it.  My husband is not a fan of sweet potatoes unless they are loaded with sugar so I added a little goodness on top!  I thought they looked like little pumpkins before baking so I left it alone.  After being baked it looked ridiculous but tasted scrumptious.  HUSBAND APPROVED 
 
Ingredients:
  • 1 sweet potato
  • 1/4 cup applesauce ( I totally used 1 jar of apple baby food )
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Topping Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon softened butter
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake sweet potato for one hour or until soft. Remove skin from potato when cool enough to touch. In mixing bowl add applesauce, butter, egg, vanilla, and sweet potato.  Mix until smooth and pour into greased baking dish. In separate bowl add all topping ingredients and mix with a fork until crumbly or roll in a ball like above.  If you make a crumble just sprinkle over the top of potatoes.  Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment