Saturday, October 20, 2012

Mango Apple Spinach Greek Yogurt Baby Food

Logan has been averaging about 1.5 fruit puree pouches each day and it comes with a pretty high price tag.  These pouches save me when we are on the go, and I have no problem spending the money on them.  However, I'm finding myself mixing them with Greek yogurt at home when I could be making them myself.  I started with Logan's favorite flavor Earths Best Pear Mango Yogurt Smoothie and I was able to make it a little healthier with spinach!!
 
Ingredients:
  • 1 10 oz bag frozen mango's, thawed
  • 1 large apple, chopped and steamed
  • 1 handful baby spinach, steamed
  • 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (for younger babies substitute 1/3-1/2 cup breast milk or formula)
 
Directions:  Place all ingredients in a blender; cover then blend until smooth.  Freeze in ice cube trays or any freezable baby food container. 
 
Cookers Note:  This is really thin so sometimes I cut it with more Greek yogurt when serving, or just put it in a sippy cup when on the go!


No comments:

Post a Comment