Monday, September 3, 2012

Tequila Lime Chicken

Thank you Pioneer Woman!!  My parents were coming out for dinner and I had no idea what I wanted to make.  Luckily I decided to watch The Pioneer Woman and this is what she was cooking.  It looked so good so I decided to give it a try.  It was DELICIOUS.  The chicken is really moist and the flavor is amazing.

Ingredients:
  • 4 chicken breasts
  • 1/4 cup tequila
  • 3 limes (juiced)
  • 1 bunch cilantro
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 can green chilies or 1 diced jalapeno
  • 1 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese or pepper jack
  • salt and pepper

Directions:  In food processor blend tequila, lime juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and chilies.  Add olive oil and cilantro and blend just a tiny bit until cilantro is chopped.  Add chicken to bag and marinate chicken for 3 hours.  Grill chicken on medium heat about 4-5 minutes on each side.  Top each piece with cheese until melted and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment