Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Cream Cheese Chicken Farfalle

 
I didn't follow any sort of recipe for this dish I just threw a bunch of things together that I needed to use before they went bad.  I had lots of chicken left over from my whole roasted chicken and a block of cream cheese and I went from there.  I used a whole box of Farfalle because my freezer meals are looking a little low so feel free to make a smaller portion or freeze the extra for later. 
 
Ingredients:
  • 2 cup cooked chicken, diced or shredded
  • 8 oz light cream cheese
  • 1 box Farfalle pasta, cooked
  • 1 package sliced mushrooms
  • 1 small sweet onion, sliced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1/3 cup sherry cooking wine
  • 1 chicken bouillon cube
  • 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • fresh basil, to taste
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
 
Directions:  Boil farafalle according to package.  In a large sauce pan heat olive oil then add garlic and onions.  Saute until onions are soft and add mushrooms.  Cook for about a minute and add balsamic vinegar.  When mushrooms start to caramelize transfer to separate bowl.  Add chicken broth, sherry and bouillon and bring to a boil reduce heat to low and add cream cheese and stir constantly until creamy.  Add mushrooms, onions, and farfalle and stir.  Garnish with basil and serve.
 
Cookers Note:  If you are freezing use a disposable 9x9 tin baking pan and cover with foil.  Thaw completely and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment