Monday, September 24, 2012

Balsamic Peppercorn Steak

 
Several years ago I went to a really nice steakhouse and ordered the peppercorn steak and I have never been so disappointed in a meal.  For the price tag it should have been so much better.  Needless to say I was a little nervous to attempt a peppercorn of my own but I am so glad I did.  Now I don't have to BBQ in the middle of winter outside!!!
 
Ingredients:
  • 2 Rib Eye Steaks
  • 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon
  • 1/4 cup milk
 
Directions:  Pat steaks dry with paper towels and cover both sides with pepper and salt.  Place in Ziploc bag with balsamic and marinate for at least 15 minutes.  In a large skillet over medium heat add olive oil, butter, garlic, and ginger and heat until butter is melted.  Add steak and cook for about 2 minutes on each side.  Remove steaks and place on separate plate.  In skillet add beef bouillon and milk and bring to a boil.  Place steaks back in skillet and cook for about 30 seconds on each side.  Remove from heat and serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment