Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Apple Pistachio Spinach Salad

So my husband and I have been juicing for a while now and we always have tons of spinach in the house.  I decided to actually eat it this time and came up with this delight.  This was surprisingly easy and really delicious.  Side note, every time I say I juice I feel like I am telling people I am on steroids. 
Ingredients:
  • 3 handfuls of spinach
  • 1 gala apple, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup pistachios
  • 1 tablespoon white balsamic
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon maple syrup
  • 1 teaspoon dry mustard
  • salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:  Add balsamic, olive oil, maple syrup, mustard, and salt and pepper to mixing bowl and whisk together.  In salad bowl add spinach and top with apples and pistachios.  Pour dressing over salad and give a quick toss.



No comments:

Post a Comment