Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Overnight Breakfast Eggs

 

This is another recipe my Aunt Kathy made while we were on vacation in Iowa.  My husband loved it as did he love all of her cooking!!  He has been asking me every week since we have returned to make this.  I love that you put it together the night before and all you have to do is preheat the oven in the morning.  I however made this for dinner so I made the sausage the night before and assembled in the morning letting it sit until dinner time.  The recipe I am going to post serves 12-15 so feel free to half the recipe.  The picture below is half the original recipe considering I cook for two!
 
Ingredients: (Servings 12-15 half recipe if needed)
  • 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
  • 2 lbs ground breakfast sausage (I substitute for ground breakfast chicken)
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion (optional)
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 10 eggs
  • 2 3/4 cup milk
  • 3/4 tsp dry mustard
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 package hash browns
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
 
Directions:  Prepare this the night before you serve this.  Put croutons in a 9 by 13 buttered baking dish.  Brown breakfast sausage and onion and drain fat.  Spread over croutons.  Sprinkle with 1 cup cheddar cheese.  Mix eggs, 2 1/4 of milk, dry mustard and salt.  Pour over cheese/sausage.  Then spread hash browns over top.  Mix cream of mushroom and remaining milk and pour over hash browns.  Top with remaining cheese.  Cover and refrigerate over night.  Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment