- 4 large sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and cooked. ( I boil mine until soft)
- 1 cup sugar (you can substitute splenda)
- 1 cup melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups brown sugar (I know this is a lot but you want it to cover the top of the 9 by 13 pan, substitute splenda brown sugar if you would like)
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 4 cups pecans (You can substitute for walnuts)
- 2 teaspoon Cinnamon ( I usually don't measure this just sprinkle until I feel it has had enough)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl, beat together all the filling ingredients with an electric mixer. Pour into a greased, 9×13-baking dish. In a separate bowl, mix all the topping ingredients together with a fork to form a crumbled mixture. Spread crumb mixture on top of casserole and bake in the middle of the oven for 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and allow casserole to cool for at least 10-20 minutes before serving.
Cookers Note: This is very very sweet, feel free to reduce the amounts of sugar if you would like. This can easily be made the day before as directed, simply reheat in oven or microwave. This would be amazing as a pie, 1/2 the recipe and layer as directed into pie crust.