I came across this recipe on Paula Deans website. I changed it up a bit but for the most part its a semi homemade version of Paula Deans! This recipe also makes two pies.
- 2 packages refrigerated pie crusts
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash Salt
- 3 1/2 cups peeled, chopped cooking apples
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, chopped into small pieces
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoon butter, at room temperature
Directions: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line 2 9 inch pie pans with a sheet of pie crust. In a medium bowl stir apples, applesauce, salt, sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Place mixture into each pie pan and top with butter pieces. With the remaining pie crust cut into strips and apple to the top of the pie in a lattice design. In a small bowl combine all topping ingredients and cut with a fork until it is a crumble mixture. Sprinkle mixture to the top of each pie. Sprinkle lemon juice to the top of each pie as well and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Cookers Note: I served my pie with homemade whipped cream. Whip 1 cup heavy whipping cream, 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla until peaks form.