Monday, April 1, 2013

Leftover French Dip Shepherd's Pie

I was extremely lazy the other night and pretty much all of last week, HAHA.  I had mashed potatoes leftover from the night before and was determined to use them in something.  After rummaging through the freezer I came across some leftover french dip meat and knew exactly what I was going to do.  My husband and I were at Costco the other weekend and he pointed at the Shepherds Pie and said, "that looks good."  I was a little taken aback because every time I have ever mentioned making a Shepherds Pie he curls his nose up with a sour face.  So, I have never attempted one.  Big surprise when he didn't like it!!  I am posting the recipe because, I LOVED it.  Seriously, it was so good.  I really wasn't surprised because he is not a fan of any kind of shredded beef so, I am going to try it again with ground beef.
 
 Ingredients:
  • 1 lb leftover french dip meat, recipe.
  • 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
  • 2 cups mashed potatoes
  • 1 egg white
  • pepper and paprika, to taste
Directions:  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  In a large skillet add meat and vegetables and bring to a simmer.  Add meat to a lightly greased casserole dish.  In a mixing bowl add mashed potatoes and gently fold in egg white.  Spread potatoes over beef mixture and sprinkle with pepper and paprika.  Bake for around 30 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown.  Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment