Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Cajun Chicken Spaghetti

A while back I made Cajun Shrimp Pasta and I have been craving it ever since.  However, I was to lazy to head out to the store so I recreated it with ingredients I had on hand.  The chicken was amazing all by itself and the cream sauce is delightful.  My husband and I both loved it and will definitely indulge in it again.
 
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 box thin spaghetti
  • 2 chicken breasts, cubed
  • 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 tablespoon flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  •  Tabasco, to taste
 
Directions: Cook spaghetti according to package directions.  In a large bowl add chicken, 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, paprika and pepper.  Stir chicken until all pieces are completely coated.  In a large skillet over medium heat add olive oil and saute chicken while slowly adding 1/4 cup chicken broth.  When chicken is cooked through set aside.  In skillet melt butter and stir in flour, forming a roux.  Slowly whisk in remaining chicken broth and heavy cream.  Bring to a boil and remove from heat.  Whisk in cheese and add Tabasco.  Toss in spaghetti and top with chicken!


22 comments:

  1. sounds yummy ... going to try to make this weekend ... thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of Cajun seasoning did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry this is a couple days late. I tried replying from my mobile but I guess it didn't work. I use McCormick but any brand should do the trick.

      Delete
  3. This was delicious! Been dying to try it for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made this tonight and it was Wonderful. I used Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning for my Cajun spice. I actually used about 4tsps on my chicken, to add more spice. I guess it's all to your taste, Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my 7 year old son's favorite dish (and that's saying a LOT for a picky eater). Simple but really good. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. This looks great! Is it okay to use boneless chicken thighs?

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM. We used sharp cheddar and more cajun spice, but this is a staple dish in our family now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Making it for the first time right now. Can't wait to try it

    ReplyDelete