Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Oven Roasted Asparagus

For as long as I can remember, I have always loved asparagus.  I should probably ask my Mom that one, I bet she would have a different answer.  My Uncle works in the Yakima Valley and every time we would visit in the spring/summer months he would send us home with fresh produce.  One time he literally sent us home with a crate of asparagus, it was amazing.  We had it with every meal and this way was my favorite.  My Mom should of had us make an, "asparagus stand."  We could have brought in some extra cash, HAHA.

Ingredients:
  • 1 bunch asparagus
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 lemon wedge
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
  • salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Trim asparagus about 1/2 inch and drizzle with olive oil.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper, cheese and squirt with lemon wedge.  Bake for 10 minutes and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment