Monday, March 21, 2011

Stinkface Stew


I can not take any credit for this recipe at all.  This is all compliments of my sister Victoria also known as Stinkface.  My Mom and I took a trip down to Portland a couple weeks ago and my sister had prepared this for us.  When I first heard we were having stew for dinner I was appalled.  However, this was an amazing dinner.  Props to my sister for making a delicious meal. Also this picture was taken before it was cooked.
Ingredients:
  • 2 packages ground buffalo (or whatever ground meat of your choice)
  • 1 medium yellow onion
  • 6 red or yellow potatoes
  • 1 can tomato paste
  • 1 can beef broth
  • 1 can embasa carrots in escabeche
Directions:  Brown meat in pan.  Add tomato paste and beef broth to crock pot and stir until well blended.  Add embasa carrots, onions, and beef.  Heat on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours or until potatoes are soft.  Serve with sour cream on top if desired.
Cookers Note:  This stew is spicy.  My sisters served it with a scoop of sour cream on top to cool it down a little.  This makes a really big pot as well so I was able to freeze half and it tasted fantastic later.

No comments:

Post a Comment