Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Cajun Shrimp Pasta

If you have not been over to The Pioneer Woman you need to check her page out.  She is amazing.  I have always dreamed of living on a farm with lots of animals and a huge garden.  However, it all seems like way to much work for me.  So I guess I will live my dreams out while I watch her show!  I found this recipe on her site and it was very tasty.  I made some changes but essentially its the same thing.  SO GOOD.

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb raw jumbo shrimp
  • 1/2 package thin spaghetti
  • 1 package slice mushrooms
  • 1 roma tomato, diced
  • 1/2 small red onion, diced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/4 cup sherry cooking wine
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 2 teaspoon cajun spice, more to taste
  • 1 teaspoon blackened seasoning, more to taste
  • cayenne pepper to taste
  • black pepper to taste
Directions:  Cook spaghetti according to package.  Drain when spaghetti is almost done.  In a large saute pan add olive oil and garlic.  Saute until garlic softens and add shrimp.  Season shrimp with 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning and add balsamic.  Saute until shrimp is pink.  Remove from pan and set aside.  Add butter and saute onions and mushrooms until onions are brown.  Add diced tomatoes and cook for about a minute stirring constantly.  Remove vegetables to separate plate.  Add sherry and broth and bring to a boil.  Lower heat to medium and add heavy cream stirring constantly.  Add pepper, blackened seasoning, cajun seasoning, and cayenne pepper to sauce.  Mix together and add shrimp and vegetables coating them evenly.  Finally add pasta, stir, and enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pioneer woman! I have her cookbooks, if you want to borrow them ( though every recipe, and then some, are on her blog) my fav thing is her meals will feed an army. I don't need to double them, I have tons to freeze and have for leftovers

    ReplyDelete