Monday, October 15, 2012

Fast and Easy Salsa


Chips and salsa are one of my all time favorite snacks.  If I really didn't care about my weight I would literally eat them everyday.  I love adding shredded cheese or avocados to it.  My husband thinks I am crazy when I add shredded cheese, but I love it.  This recipe is so simple and I usually have all the ingredients on hand.  I adapted this recipe from The Pioneer Woman!

Ingredients:
  • 1 12 oz can tomatillos, drained
  • 1 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
  • 2 medium jalapenos, chopped
  • 1 small sweet onion, diced
  • 1/2 bunch of cilantro
  • 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
  • 1/2 lime, juiced
  • 1/4 teaspoon cumin
  • Pinch of salt and pepper

Directions:  Combine all ingredients into a food processor and grind to your desired consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment