Saturday, September 8, 2012

Hawaiian Baked Ham and Swiss Sandwiches

I found this recipe on Pinterest and I knew I had to try it.  I am in love!  The bottom was crispy, the middle is full of cheese and the top has a wonderful onion flavor.  I only made four but I will post the recipe for a dozen.  This would be a perfect to serve during football season.

Ingredients:
  • 1 12 pack of Hawaiian Original Rolls ( I only found the hamburger ones and they were perfect)
  • 1 1b deli ham, thinly sliced
  • 1 1b Swiss Cheese, thinly sliced
  • 1 1/2 sticks butter
  • 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
  • 1 sweet onion, chopped

Directions:   Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.  Melt butter and mix mustard, Worcestershire, onion and poppy seeds until onions are soft.  Place the bottom of the buns in a greased 9x13 pan.  Spread half of the butter and onion mixture over the top.  Add ham and cheese and place the remaining buns over the top and pour remaining butter/onion mixture over the top.  Bake covered for 15-20 minutes. 

Cookers Note:  I was using the oven at 450 degrees for some other goodies and I cooked these for 10 minutes at 450 because I was lazy and did not want to wait it ti cook.  They were perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment